Berry Mad

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Stages of Libertarianism

Kinda of like the 'Stages of divorce' on the Simpsons. Perhaps I will add to this in the future

The Stages of Libertarianism

0 – Statism. You aren’t a libertarian yet.
1 – Elation. You’ve discovered a new, coherent philosophy that actually makes sense. You’re on top of the world.
2 – Enthusiasm. You’ve got to share this with as many people as possible
3 – Disappointment. Wow. Everybody is really stupid.
4 – Anger. Why can’t people open their minds? Why does it have to “work?”
5 – Arrogance. I’m far better than those scum who think they have a right to my life.
6 – Bitterness. Fuck them all.
7 – Indifference. Oh well, I’ll do my best to live like a libertarian should.
8 – Recovery. Perhaps I can have a shot at getting this to work after all…

2 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Malone said...

Nice one Stephen, I have experienced a couple of those stages, especially at the begining thinking "Wait'll they hear about this, it's going to sweep the world." Great to hear you've become active again.

WM

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Stephen Berry said...

Cheers.

I couldn't sheeplise for too long ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home